Prep time: 20 mins Cook time: 40 mins Total time: 60 mins
I learned this recipe from a Chilean friend.
1 cup red wine
1 cup sugar
2 egg whites
• Boil the wine and sugar in small pot for 40 minutes until it thickens.
• When the time is up, pour the mixture into a water bath for a few minutes to cool.
• In a bowl, whip the 2 egg whites for about 4 to 5 minutes until small peaks form.
• Pour the wine mixture slowly into eggs, whipping as you go.
• Serve with sliced apples, bananas or walnuts.
Water bath — place a stainless steel bowl into another container which contains cold water and ice. This stops the cooking process immediately.
Marie: Please have a look under my knitting page for my current projects, but also have a look on my Nanny`s Trunk o` Treasures page for items… Read more “NANNY`S TRUNK O` TREASURES”
Last night after tagging Quaker, we put him into the pen with the rest of the ducks. This morning when I woke up to get the boys… Read more “Update On Quaker”
Once again it’s that time of year. — time for a local festival in Rigolet (the most southern Inuit community in the world) to celebrate Inuit culture… Read more “Tikigiaksaigusik Festival March 16-18, 2017”
In the first days of December, one of our ducks hatched seven ducklings. All is fine with these lovely birds as the mother is amazing. But in… Read more “Ducklings”
Angela’s post today on washing machines reminded me of one of the many survival skills I learned from my mother-in-law a woman with many talents. She was… Read more “My First Post”